Monday, December 8, 2008

Calling All Mommies!

So in my desperate attempt to get ready for baby girl number 2 I am pulling out all of Haley's 0-3 month clothing from bags. I am finding plenty of stains on the collars of her onesies and shirts from spit up. I know most of these stains weren't present when I put them away but have heard that this happens when you bag up baby clothing. Any tips on how to get the stains out or make them less apparent? I plan on washing everything again but before I put it in the wash spraying with Oxy Clean first and then washing with detergent and Oxy Clean in the wash. Let me know if you have any great tips or ideas for me! Thanks!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

yeah oxy clean is my best bet. other than that, baby girl won't know the difference :) invest in a few pretty pink bibs and put them on her, it'll cover the stains :)

Dave and Camille said...

Ok, I obviously know nothing about this from experience, but here's what I found online:
1: Baking soda and club soda. Use a toothbrush to really get at it.
2: Put 1/2 cup of dishwasher powder in the bottom of the washing machine, fill with the hottest water the clothes will take, add the clothes and soak overnight
3: Zout (whatever that is...)
4: This is what worked for me. Get a 5 gallon bucket, place 1/2 cup Clorox 2, and 1/2 cup dishwasher detergent (generic works fine), put in clothing and fill it with hot water. Let soak overnight. Next day put it in the washer (I just dump it all in, water and all) and wash it like you regularly would. It gets out baby formula, food stains, almost anything

Good luck!

Dave and Camille said...

Ok, #4 on my list looks like I actually tried that, but I copied it from online... so, I'm not sure if it works! Just wanted to clarify :)

Amy said...

For Ada I was given a lot of hand-me-downs. All I can say is that Oxy rocks! Let us know how the clothes turn out.

shaunie said...

I had the same problem when I pulled Ev's clothes out for Jilly. The milk stains (that's what shows up after months in storage for some reason)all washed out with oxiclean, except for the ones that were there before I put them away. I would follow the strategy you already outlined!

Dave and Camille said...

Hope you were able to get the stains out! My nesting has gone into overdrive... last night I scrubbed out the oven. Sheesh! I just got back from the doctor's... her head has dropped, I'm 2 cm dilated, and about 30% effaced. yay! I wish they would just schedule me to be induced like you! :) Hope you're feeling well!