Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gearing up for Baby and Christmas

So, I thought I would take a few minutes to update everyone on how we have been doing these past few weeks. Christmas has come to the Swavely's but only in small amounts :) I am not spending a whole lot of time decorating. I would have to take it all down only a few days after I have given birth and that is not really what I feel like doing. These are some pics from when we decorated the tree. Haley is enjoying the tree and having the lights on as much as possible. Zac has been logging plenty of overtime these past few weeks and we are grateful he has plenty of work to keep him busy at his job. He will be working Christmas Eve but like I said before better to be really busy than to have no job at all. Plus, he is taking about 10 days off after Christmas for the delivery and spending time with my Dad and his wife Christie who will be in town for the baby's arrival. Zac took about one day off the last time I delivered and it will be nice to have him home to help out for a while after the baby is born. Haley is a busy body! She has been seeing her Grammy at least once a week now that I have had my appts. closer together and she loves it. She knows who Santa is and she knows who baby Jesus is. I drove past a Nativity that was on the roof of a church and she saw it and said, "Baby Jesus!". Of course I was little shocked that she pointed that particular Nativity out and not the many other ones we've seen at closer proximity around the neighborhood but it was cool none the less. We have been enjoying the Christmas Cards that our friends and family have been sending our way! It's so nice to see how everyone is doing and to catch up on the past year.

As for me and the pregnancy everything is quite here in my belly. No contractions or braxton hicks for me. I am dilated to about 2cm and feeling pretty good. The baby has not dropped by text book definition but she is low. My midwife will schedule my inducement for the 29th of December and if the hospital is not busting at the seams with people in natural labor then I will be able to be admitted. My Dad and his wife Christie will be coming in the 28th and that is a reason I am in no rush to get this kid out. It would be nice to have part of my family here for the delivery and I know that this little squirt will cooperate and wait till the absolute last possible minute to have to be delivered. I make nice little homes for my babies and they seem to never want to leave unless they are forced out :) I am assuming that I will be blessed with another 6lbs. baby this time around. I am not really far out there and my midwife and Dr.'s have both said she will probably be about 6 1/2 lbs. It will be interesting to see how much she weighs and if she looks like her big sister Haley! Haley is understanding a little bit about my ever expanding belly. She has her own baby that she takes to bed and is now calling it "Baby Sis" since that is how I have been referring to the baby for a while now. Yesterday she pointed to my belly and said 1 baby and then pointed to her baby and said 2 babies! I think there will be some adjusting for her but I know she will be thrilled with having a little baby in the house. That's our update for now and we will post anything more if anything happens (which it won't). Take Care and Have a Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

that was a great update, haley is going to be a wonderful big sister! miss and love you! merry christmas!!!

Miss Crys said...

How fun it is to be so close to the due date! 2cm is so good for not having contractions! I am 1 cm and having a ton of contractions on some days--some even painful....but she'll hang in there. I LOVE the dress, thank you so much--you have very good taste! PLEASE let us know the latest when things start to act up in that little belly of yours!

Dave and Camille said...

I'm glad things are going well for you! Were you dilated with Haley before being induced also? Congrats on being a 2 :) You need to post a belly picture again before you go into labor. I really hope everything goes well with you. Merry Christmas!

April said...

Kaylan I am thinking of you!!! Good luck and get the epidural! I can't wait to hear all about it! I am so glad your dad and Christie will be there. Take care and Merry Christmas! You might get a New Years Eve baby! Jakes bday:)