
Well, we had a lovely Christmas Eve this year despite the fact that Zac had to work. I took a few pictures of Haley in front of the Christmas tree and I think they turned out great! I made dinner and we watched "The Nativity" with Haley. We tried telling her who all the characters were and she really loved seeing baby Jesus. She has since requested the "Baby Jesus Movie" more than a few times and of course we have obliged her.

Christmas Eve morning was fun because I was able to get Haley excited about Santa coming. I told her who was coming to our house tonight and she said, "Santa coming?!". Then she proceeded to tell me that, "Santa coming on firetruck!". She saw Santa on top of a firetruck in her cousins neighborhood the weekend before and kept thinking he was going to come to our house in a firetruck. It was so precious!

It is nice to start our own family tradtions and to teach Haley them too. Although Santa is great I love that we celebrate our Saviors birth even more. When I think about being pregnant and having another child I am grateful I get to do it in a clean and sanitary enviornment. When I reflect on the Saviors birth it was so humble. Born in a manger and brought into this world so simply doesn't seem fitting for such a blessed event. But of course the life of our Savior was that of simplicity and not of the finer things in life. It is very suiting for him to be brought forth in such a humble birth and my gratitude for him deepens at this time of year.
No comments:
Post a Comment