This post is for all of my mommy friends out there! My sister-in-law Petra introduced me to this great website called STARFALL. It is a website designed at teaching kids their ABC's, vowels, reading, writing, shapes, colors etc. It is a fantastic site! I love it because I am planning on teaching Haley at home with her pre-schooling and this website is already helping her to learn her ABC's. Also, when I teach Haley her ABC's I plan on teaching the Alphabet in Sign Language as well as her learning "Whole Word" and "Phonics" for her letters. This website encourages and teaches all of that! YEAH! We try and get on the computer with her to work on this at least twice a day and for about 15-20min. at a time. She absolutely loves it! She asks if she can play "Mark". There is a section where they teach you to read with short stories and sound out every word in the sentance. One story was about a girl named Carla and a boy named Mark. She literally learned how to say Mark from that story and hearing the named sounded out a few times. It was amazing! It is so fun to watch her learning with this great tool. Please check it out for your kids and let me know what you think! It is for all ages up to at least 3rd or 4th grade. Then I think they have other sites for other age groups and other areas of learning such as math. Check it out and have fun learning with your kids!
http://www.starfall.com/
In honor of Thanksgiving coming up this week I am also posting a quiz you can take to see how much you know about "Thanksgiving" :) I only got 10 right out of 20. Let's see how well you do!
http://home.aristotle.net/Thanksgiving/trivia-index.asp
13 years ago
5 comments:
i only got 8 right. i was proud of my fdr answer, which president tried to make thanksgiving the 4th thursday of nov to make a longer christmas shopping season. made sense that he was pres. during the great depression (economic logic... nice to know i still have a brain).
okay... WHAT DID YOU THINK OF TWILIGHT???!!! I'M DYING TO KNOW!
Great site! Thanks for passing it along. You are such a great mommy!!
I guess we're twins! I only got 10. Oops.
marika
Hey thanks for the tip. I'm always looking for new ideas on how to teach Enoch. Happy Thanksgiving.
Okay--
You are getting so close to having the little girl!!! You better post as soon as she is born, and where are the pics of you???
:)
Post a Comment