
Zac thinks Kori looks like one of his dumb Troll dolls with how her hair sticks up. I think she is much cuter personally.
It looks like Haley and Kori will be twins with their matching red birthmarks on the front of their heads. Haley's did go away for the most part and her hair covers it up now but I just thought it was funny that Kori got one too in about the same spot.






Haley really loves holding Kori and asks to hold her a lot. Here she is with Papa and Grandma Itsie. *The grandkids in the family have had some difficulty with saying Christie's name so she has adopted the name of "Grandma Itsie".
Way to go honey! Great block tower! Thanks for holding Haley on Saturday and letting her throw up all over you repeatedly! You are the best daddy and husband! Love you!So we have just wrapped up our first week on our own without any help from family or friends and it has been an interesting one to say the least. The morning Christie left, which was Saturday the 10th, Zac and I were up getting Christie ready to go to the airport at around 5am. In the midst of all this I hear Haley crying for me. I go into her room pick her up and find that she has thrown up in her crib. Of course the day our help leaves Haley gets the stomach flu. In all honesty it was really best that this happened without Christie here because I would feel really bad if she got sick while staying here. So, I didn't think Haley had the flu until the next 2 times I tried putting her back to bed resulting in her barfing and needing to be put in the shower. Ugh! On Sunday we all stayed home from church fearing that what Haley had would be spread around church and we didn't want anyone getting this flu. Haley seemed to be on the mend Saturday afternoon and on Sunday we thought she was all better. On Monday morning my darling daughter awoke with barf in her crib again. I took her to the Dr's and he said the throwing up should subside after Monday but Diarrhea was to follow for the next couple of days. Yippie!!! When I returned from the Dr's Zac was home suffering from Haley's flu and feeling like garbage so he stayed home from work Monday and Tuesday. On Tuesday Zac was on the mend and Haley seemed to be to or so we thought. Wednesday I awoke to Haley barfing in her crib yet again! Granted it was just a little bit but I still have to do the laundry so it is an inconvenience. Then the diarrhea struck and I had to change her diaper about 7 times during the course of the day. Yuck! By Thursday it seemed to have passed out of her system and Friday she was able to go with her grandparents up to see her cousins Natalie and Everett. I am just thankful I didn't get sick and that Kori stayed healthy too. What an exhausting week! So, I pose the question one more time...How was your week?

10 comments:
I'm so sorry Haley got stomach flu! Almost the exact same thing happened to us right after we had Jilly. The night I went into labor, Ev got sick all over my mom-in-law. We thought it had passed, but it went on with her like it did Haley. My nerves were already on needles and I thought, "What have I done?! Two kids?! I'll never make it!" It was fine though, and an interesting memory. Sorry it happened to you guys too! My week has been good though, hope your next one is much better!
And that was Shaunie, not Ben. I thought I was logged in under me. :)
oh my gosh kaylan, what a mess. you know what, if you can survive that week, you can survive a normal week in the everyday life of 2 kids. i hate throw up, i hate cleaning up after it, i hate the laundry, i hate the lingering smell. ugh. glad it's over!
and kori DOES NOT look like that stupid troll, they're about the same size that's it. smack your husband for me!
Kaylan - I am SOOO sorry you had such an awful week. Why in the world did you not call me and say - I need dinner or I need a break or I need someone to come hold the baby so I can take care of Haley. That's what I am here for. I am glad everyone's feeling better but I wish I could have helped.
Oh I hope you don't mind me reading - I linked over from Crystals blog so I could see pictures of Kori.
Brittney
Sheesh! I think you just solidified my decision to only have one child. ;) Have I told you lately that you are my hero? Seriously! Hopefully things are getting better for you guys... if you ever need to chat or vent, please feel free to call whenever, heaven knows I'm up! By the way, you and Zac make very beautiful babies!
Oh, girl, I am so sorry to hear all that. How in the world did you get any sleep with all of that going on? It sounds like you were a single mommy of three sick kids (sorry, Zac!). I'm just so glad to hear that Kori didn't get it. There's nothing worse than a sick newborn. Well, we're sick here too, if it makes you feel any better. Drew has a bad cough, Sam is throwing up, and I have pink eye. Jared seems fine so far so we'll make him take care of us. I wish you a marvelous week this week with no barf! Love ya!
P.S. Kori is ADORABLE! I check you blog like twice a day to see if there are any updated pics! Keep 'em comin'!
Sounds familiar. Calli just had the exact same thing a week ago. Keeping up on that laundry is a TON of work! Way to go doing it with a newborn too! She's so cute by the way. Gorgeous girls.
oh... kadyn has a red birthmark. i always forget to tell people that. it's on her right arm, it's about as big as my thumbnail. kylie and kacey don't have one. i think it's because she's so special :) kori and haley must be too!
Oh Kay, so sorry! That really sucks and I hate the stomach bug! I taught my kids to go in the toilet! It is much cleaner. Ok so as far as the car thing, I say go for the best deal and if it a van get it! Go on craigslist if you guys have one or buy a used one from a private owner. Well I must say Haley looks like you and Kori looks like Zac, so the next one will probably be a mix! ha anyways I hope you have a healthy week and wish I was there to help! Let me know how the car hunting goes:)
KAY,
OH--THE GOOD OLD STOMACH FLU--WELL, AT LEAST HALES IS OVER THAT FOR THIS SEASON HOPEFULLY! AND WHAT A BLESSING YOU AND KORI DIDN'T GET IT! I AGREE WITH APRIL, KORI LOOKS JUST LIKE ZAC SO FAR... HEY--GO FOR THE VAN-SERIOUSLY-THE ROOM IS AWESOME! REMEMBER OUR MINI-VAN--GO DODGE CARAVAN!!! HA LOVE YOU GUYS! JILL LEACH
Post a Comment