Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kori's Blessing

Our precious baby, Kori Danika Swavely, was blessed on February 1, 2008. She slept through the whole thing and was given a beautiful blessing by her father. We neglected to take pictures after Haley's Blessing but I remembered this time! Zac and I took turns taking pictures and I think we got a few good ones :)
Cute picture of Kori and Zac.

Mommy and Kori
Someone is a little tired from all of the events of the day.



I did a photo shoot with Kori in just black and white and these were the most unique of the many I took. Most of the pictures she just looks like a "deer in headlights". Must be all the flashing from the camera :)


This was the closest thing to a smile that we could get out of her at about 5 weeks old.


Kori was lucky enough to have her Grandpa Swavely, Uncle Dan, Uncle Tyler and President Mark Russell (not in picture) surround her during the blessing. When Haley was blessed Uncle Dan and Uncle Tyler lived very far away so it was not possible to have them present but she was also blessed by people we love, admire and appreciate. It is great having family so close by now. Thanks to Tyler, Alyson and kids for traveling from Ohio to be with us on this special day. It meant a lot to both Zac and I.

Our first family picture with all four of us in it! Honey, you look a little out numbered! Maybe you'll get a boy next time :) But don't hold your breath for it to happen anytime soon ;)


Do I see a hint of red in my baby's hair?! In the light on the sides of her head this girl has red/orange hair. The top is brown with blonde tips. Her hair is probably going to be lighter than Haley's but we will see. She doesn't have Haley's dark brows or super long eyelashes but she is beautiful just the same.

Aunt Petra helped take these pics of Kori. She is quite the photographer :) She did a photo shoot of Kori and I in the following pics and it was a lot of fun!

Kori deep in thought.






I love this picture because she is giving that look of, "oh, come on mom!".

But then I have to follow it up with this cute one where she is winking back at me. What a doll!

***I know I haven't posted for a while and I have been meaning to catch up on all the pictures we have been taking but there just doesn't seem to be much time left in the day to finish projects like these. Kori has been sleeping great stretches at night for almost a month now. You would think I would be more rested but I'm not. She tends to be awake most of the day and her naps are usually short ones that sometimes don't last longer than an hour. During those naps I am usually playing with Haley and trying to give her some "mommy time", laundry, food prep for dinner, cleaning up, showering, checking my email, and trying to grab a bite to eat. As soon as I get into doing something she wakes up and needs to be held, fed or entertained. It's a lot of work having a two year old and a new baby. Of course I am not complaining that she sleeps through the night and is up during the day I just haven't gotten to enjoy it yet b/c I have to stay up to get things done. Oh, well. I will get some sleep one of these days. Zac is working hellish hours right now. He is up at 4:30 am and out the door by 5:30am. He is driving an hour and a half away for work and getting home by 7pm at the latest. Then he is in bed by 9pm. So, he isn't around much right now but it won't last forever. Haley is a great big sister. She loves Kori so much and so unconditionally it is amazing. Isn't it amazing that our kids don't hold it against us when we make mistakes or aren't being the best parents that we can be. They just keep on loving us with all their heart and we are left to wonder why we can't always feel worthy of their love when we aren't living up to our potential. Hopefully I will get better at juggling my time with my little ones. They are such a blessing that should not be taken for granted.



5 comments:

Miss Crys said...

Oh Kaylan--You are doing great. Look at me, it's 1am, and I am catching up on the loose ends now. I really should be folding laundry...or sleeping! The pictures of you with Kori are so cute. I love the wink and smile there at the end. You look incredible...and so very happy! I hope you feel rested someday...someday, I've yet to see that day :) I think we just get use to it!

Unknown said...

Kaylan you look fantastic! You don't look like you are up all night with two kids at all! The kids are pretty cute too. Let me know next time you are in town, would love to see you! - Amelia

Nicole said...

i love that little smile on kori's face in the first picture, she's so adorable. and that family picture with haley's hand on her hip... too cute! you look great too kaylan! hang in there girl :) love ya!

Amy said...

Great photos! You look fantastic and Kori is a serious cutie.

Nicole said...

girl, i love you... and it's time to update :)