13 years ago
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Girl or Boy?
So I went in for my 18 week check up yesterday and my doctor listened to the baby's heartbeat. He gave a little chuckle when we could hear the heartbeat and said, "So, do you believe that old wives tale about the baby's heartbeat?" I had to laugh because I couldn't recall that particular tale and had to ask him what he meant by that. He said, "The quicker the heartbeat reading means it's a girl." I started cracking up! I asked him if he went on heartbeat alone how often he was right with the sex of the baby and he said he was about 60-65% right. I guess he thought the baby's heartbeat was pretty fast :) I called Zac on the way home and he sounded very disappointed :) He is still optimistic that I am having is son Wyatt but I can't say that I feel the same way. This pregnancy has been exactly like my last so even though I used to not feel like I knew what I was having I feel pretty confident that I am probably having a girl. I would love to be proven wrong but I just have a feeling that it is a girl now. I really could care less what sex the baby is as long as it is healthy :) I know Zac wants a "Healthy Boy" but he will take a healthy girl any day :) We will know in 2 weeks what we are having so check back in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's too funny! How fast was the heartbeat? I had my appointment today... the doctor petrified me by asking if we had talked about twins - Ahh! It ended up that I just have really good ab muscles and it took her a bit to find the top of my uterus. I'm a little bummed you might not have a boy - now are kids can't get married! Ha, like I know if we're having a girl. Ultrasound on the 8th! I hope things are going well with you!! :)
With Jill I just knew we were having a girl too. I love that Ev and Jill are good sisters to each other. Ben wanted a boy too, but he sure loves his "girls!"
haha, all my girls have been in the "boys range" according to that heartbeat thing- so i never believe that. i've heard it's only right about 50% of the time, which is pretty much just the same as randomly guessing.... 50/50 shot! :)
Hey well you never know! I think it would be fun to have sisters and then you will probably get a boy so no worries! I am glad things are going well take care and can't wait to find out...or maybe you shouldn't?? I always thought that would be fun!
Post a Comment