Monday, March 24, 2008

Lots of Love for Locks of Love


So the last time I cut my hair was when I came home for Christmas last year. Since then I have been a little lazy and a little loyal to my hairstylist Jill. I swore that the next time I cut my hair would only be when I went home the next time. I kept thinking I would get home sooner rather then later and thought that if my hair could go in a bun then I could wait for Jill to cut my hair. Well, it's been over a year now and I am due for a major hair makeover! I've provided pictures of what my hair looked like the last time I cut it so you can see how long it got in just one year! Then of course you can see what it looks like now!
Here is one of two pictures that I uploaded to show you how short my hair cut was when I was home last. As you can see I still had some length to it so it wasn't super short or anything. I could still put it in a bun.

Another picture showing off the hair length! See, not too short! Pretty cute pinned up with a few curls coming down around the face. These are my mom's parents, grandma and grandpa! I love them so much!

Here is the new do! Short and Sassy! I love it! So, if you haven't figured out yet why I titled my entry "Lot's of Love for Locks of Love" then here is what I meant. I never intended to grow my hair out specifically for the purpose of donating to Locks of Love. Like I mentioned before I am lazy and loyal so my hair didn't get cut for a year. I knew my hair was getting long but I didn't realize how long until about October or November. I couldn't get my hair to do anything and it was getting harder and harder to brush through it after I would wash it. It spent the better part of it's life tied up in a bun. It's hard to feel good about yourself and your accomplishments (such as losing the baby weight 40lbs. Yippee!) when you look unkept. Bottom line, I was so sick of my hair by the time I got home that I told Jill to do whatever she wanted to my hair. Granted, Jill always has my permission to do whatever she wants to my hair but this time I was hoping for a big change. She pulled my hair straight down and it was just shy of elbow length. She said, "Kay, I think we have enough hair here to donate to locks of love." I said, "Really?". Jill went on to ask for a rubber band to put it in a pony tail so she could gather it all up for the cut. I told her I had two then she suggested putting my hair in pigtails so I could make a double donation! It felt so good putting all the long hair to good use! Jill estimated we took off about 11 inches of hair! Awesome! I am not one to get all emotional over hair! I think that is so silly. It grows back people! I have not missed my hair one bit since cutting it so I can honestly say this has been one great Hair Makeover! Thanks Jill!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

so cute! and how awesome you could do 2 donations. i'm one of those people who have emotional issues about cutting my hair, and it's so dumb because it totally grows back...

i had to chuckle about you losing your baby weight. (good job by the way) time for baby #2!!! :) hehe, it's a vicious cycle.

Dave and Camille said...

Congratulations on the hair cut and the baby weight! You're looking like one sexy mama. I can relate with the hair - I grew it out for the wedding and now I'm ready to hack it all off! We're blogging now too... tuslerfamily.blogspot.com :)

michelle manning said...

Kaylan - you look hot hot hot! Way to go and be all giving with your hair - you are so sweet. I'm so glad you keep this blog so I can peak in on you.