So a while back I was reading my friend Shaunie's blog. She said she had been tagged twice in the last week to tell 6 Random things about herself. At the end of her blog she tagged me! I had to laugh because I was not working on my blog and knew it would not get done for a while. Well, I am finally going to full fill my favorite "Visiting Teaching" companions wishes. Here we go...
1. I am a Cookie girl! I will eat cookies any day over cake, ice cream, fudge, brownies etc. My absolute favorite cookie is the Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie. I have the "bomb" recipe! I promise to share with all of you in the near future :)
2. I believe in Ghosts and Bigfoot! I loved watching "Ghost Hunters" on the Sci-Fi channel and any of those shows where you see supposed "Bigfoot" sightings caught on tape. I am not ashamed to admit this because my husband shares my passion for this too!
3. I love to find DEALS!!! I have learned from my husband that you don't have to spend a lot to get what you want! Since moving to Lancaster my mother-in-law Eileen has taught me the art of YARD SALES! She has it down to a science. She knows the neighborhoods, the houses that have good yard sales yearly, the best development yard sales and what is a good price to pay for any particular item you might find. The early bird catches the worm and since having Haley it is hard for me to get up as early as 6 or 6:30am on a Saturday to get those deals. Some of my biggest finds since starting have been a Carhart Jacket for Zac that was brand new and I only paid $5 for, a nice wooden table for Haley with 2 chairs for $20, Haley's crib and changing table, tons of name brand kids clothes gently used, and lot's of kids shoes! I just got Haley some red Crocs at a yard sale for only $5! I was debating on whether I wanted to spend that much but they were gently used and she is getting her use out of them like crazy! Also, we have Grocery Outlets back here and I do a lot of my shopping there. These are places where food is going to be expiring soon or within the year. I have gotten tons of baby food and some formula for half the price you pay in the grocery store. Love those deals!
4. I should have been a Meteorologist. I love the weather and knowing what the weather is like where people I know live. Storms, hurricanes and tornados totally interest me and I just love learning about why we have the kind of weather we have.
5. Toys that make noise or play music don't bother me that much. I know that sounds strange but I really get used to it after a while and then I just tune it out all together. It can drive Zac bananas but I tell him I am at home all day listening to it and I don't mind. As long as she is playing and enjoying herself I could care less.
6. I think I might be able to be a jogger? Right before I got pregnant with baby #2 I started walking a couple times a day. Mostly b/c the weather was getting nicer and I was itching to get outside. Then I realized that walking was my therapy. It became my 1 hour + escape from the house, Haley and Zac to just zone out on good music. Then when I was pregnant I was still keeping up my walking but felt like my walks weren't all that difficult anymore so I challenged myself to a very slow jogging pace. I did it and was shocked to find that I could jog for almost 4 or 5 minutes at a time without being terribly winded! I hate running and jogging and was never any good at. But I am finding now that I just might be able to do it :) I am looking forward to seeing how well I will do once I don't have the baby belly.
So, there you go! 6 things you might not have known about me but know now!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment