Monday, February 4, 2008

Recipe of the Week


Okay everyone! Here is my Recipe for Parmesan Dijon Chicken and Asparagus. This is so easy! All you need is chicken breasts (As many as you need per person) Dijon Mustard and Parmesan Cheese. Take your chicken breast and slather it in dijon mustard. No need to measure just take as much out as you need and put it in the bowl or plate with the uncooked chicken breast. Then once the chicken is coated with the mustard take it and roll it in the parmesan cheese. I just pour out parmesan cheese onto a plate and roll the chicken around in it till it's coated. Then I take the chicken to a non-stick pan that is on Med-High with 2-3 tablespoons of EVOO or Olive Oil in it and cook the chicken for about 5-7 minutes per side. Stove tops are all different so keep an eye on it and you only want to turn it once b/c the yummy coating will fall off if you flip it too many times. Cook till it is no longer pink inside.
As for the Asparagus this is easy too. Zac and I love Asparagus cooked this way so we can eat a bunch or a pound of Asparagus by ourselves no problem. Take each piece of Asparagus and bend in half. When it breaks throw the top half to the side and the bottom half in the garbage. Once you have done that warm up another non-stick or frying pan on medium high with EVOO or Olive Oil 2-3 tablespoons worth. When the oil and pan are good and hot add a little salt and pepper then add the Asparagus. Toss the Asparagus around for about 4-5 minutes. You want them to be slightly tender when pierced with a fork but definetly not overcooked. You can see in the picture the Asparagus is slighlty browned that is just right!
Pair it with some whole grain bread, rice, noodles whatever you like and enjoy! This is definetly on the Healthier side of dinner b/c the mustard has no fat, chicken no fat and the veggies are cooked in olive oil. All good for you! I would suggest not going overboard on salt in the Aspargus dish. Even when I have thought I only put a little bit in it was a little too much so be careful. The tops of the Asapargus really soak up the salt and pepper so beware. But enjoy! Hope someone tires it! Let me know if you have and how it turned out!

2 comments:

heatherhite said...

Hey Kaylan! I ran across your blog and wanted to say hi! I'm going to try that recipe sometime, it sounds great! Your little girl looks more and more like you every time I see her. What a cutie!

Nicole said...

yumm-o... i'll need to try that one and let you know.